· Vanuavatu Community Climate Change Awareness and Vulnerability Assessment Report. Vanuavatu 10 year Community Adaptation Action Plan, with key priorities in agriculture and water being implemented by end of project • Vanuavatu Community Sustainable Land Use Action Plan.
• Establishment of 4 hectares of community pilot demonstration farms with indications of boosting crop productivity by end of project cycle. • Community Youth Sustainable Farming Training Report
• 5 Youth Trained in SLM approaches and taking active lead in model farm activity.
• 5 focal youth to have demonstrated measurable influence over other community members in taking up SLM approach to faming on the island; • Community Nursery Management Training Report
• Vanuavatu Community Nursery established
• 16,000 seedlings raised in the nursery over the project cycle for conservation, model farms & other SLM activities on the island.; • Community Solar Drier established on the island with community actively utilizing contraption for drying and preserving local produce; • Households on the island actively utilizing training methods in boosting household food storage for unexpected cyclone or drought events.; • Functional Solar Still established on Vanuavatu Island
• Community Training Report of setting up Solar Still
• Households actively utilizing distilled water for basic household needs; • Vanuavatu Water Availability and Utilization Assessment and information used to develop a Long Term Community Water Sufficiency Plan.
• Focal Community representatives trained in Water Resource Management, Utilization and Storage techniques.
• Water storage capacity on Vanuavatu enhanced though the installation of water tanks and community mechanism developed to maintain installation and increase community projected storage requirements;
• Vanuavatu Island 20 Year Development Plan, with strong links to the Totoya 20 Year Development Plan
• Key focal areas on climate change adaptation and disaster risk reduction clearly outlined as a long term priority within the island Development Plan; • Community handicrafts training workshop report
• Handicraft resources required for planting, integrated into land use plan
• Marketing plan developed for handicrafts as a lucrative income source for the community.
• Small Community Business Workshop Report
1.1 Community climate change awareness and adaptation planning. 1.2 Establishment of Community Sustainable Land Management Pilot Model Farms. 1.3 Sustainable Agriculture Training for the Youths of Vanuavatu. 1.4 Establishment of an Island Community Nursery. 1.5 Community Training on Food Preservations, Processing and Local Alternatives to Processed Foods. 1.6 Establishment of a Community Solar Still for Strengthening Water Security. 1.7 Community Water Management, Utilization and Storage Training. 1.8 Vanuavatu Island Development Plan. 1.9 Utilizing Project Objectives for Strengthening Livelihoods and Income Generation.